Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The 78th Annual Writer's Digest Competition

Well, it's here again and I'm desparately trying to come up with something to enter. I have two potential categories: genre short stories and poetry. But, I only have until June 1 to do it. Can I? Should I try? I have so many other obligations right now, the same obligations that have been hampering my writing in the first place. Do I dare take the time to really get into something deeply enough to justify entry in the contest? Right now I'm just grabbing a few quick minutes to jot down my thoughts here to soothe my pain. But this would take real dedication - and time. I could recycle something, but it can't have been published before, even on a social network. I guess time will tell. Perhaps inspiration will strike and then nothing will stand in my way. We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment