Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mary Janice Davidson: Undead and...


Mary Janice Davidson’s Undead series is like Chick-lit meets vampire saga.  It’s some of the most clever writing going.  I laughed out loud at least every other page.  Until…I got to book number nine when it came to a screeching halt and spun 180 degrees.   I’m holding out hope for book ten.  I’ll let you know.

Book nine notwithstanding, I highly recommend this series.  You don’t even have to like vampires and werewolves to enjoy this one – really.  The heroine, Betsy – chuckles, Betsy the vampire- is one of the most real characters you will ever meet.  It don’t want to tell you too much about her; it would ruin the fun.  Suffice to say, getting to know her is a real trip.

Don’t get me wrong.  There’s danger and daring do as well, but Betsy has a cadre of quirky cohorts to help her through the rough patches, including two very old vampires, a super wealthy best friend, and an overworked ER doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment