Monday, November 4, 2013

An Inauspicious Beginning

 I certainly haven't got much to show for myself yet. I haven't been feeling my best, but that's no excuse. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor dark of night...wait, that's not right. No, but the idea is the same. Writing has to be a disease; you have to be infected with it to really make it work.

While I've been editing my first nano novel over the past several months, that's what it has felt like. Like I'm burning up inside, hungry for the world and the people I created.  I just haven't reached that level of intensity with Mermaid's Moon. Maybe I never will. We'll have to wait and see.

I know I wrote my first novel in 15 days. That's how my characters grabbed me and dragged me through their adventures. I guess I'm just not in Sherri's head enough. I don't really know her like I should. I'm getting there. I was hoping she'd show herself more as we went along. Some characters are just shy that way I guess. You gotta goose 'em.

Well, it's off to bed. We have a write-in tomorrow and I have high hopes for Miss Sherri and her new tail.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment