Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sprouts of Love

My son and I have a very good relationship though it's hard to see from the outside.  He's 17 and "I love you" just isn't something that comes out of his mouth.  However, yesterday, I took a tumble and hurt my knees.  It was so stupid; I tripped over a cooler in the kitchen.  I should have put that thing away.  I was in a hurry to get my son's computer set up to print and the cooler was next to the printer.  It was lucky I didn't hit my head on the open dishwasher.  I had been filling it.  It seems my knees took the brunt of the fall, even though I ended up quite sprawled out.  In any event, my son came running and immediately moved the dishwasher out of the way.  Then he held out his hands to help me up.  Unfortunately, I couldn't see them, and he thought I was just being stubborn when I got up on my own.


Later, I made a special dinner for him.  He has been hating everything I fix and not eating well for a while now - very frustrating.  So, I broke down and bought some fish - which I hate - and got a great recipe for it from my sister - in - law.  He loved it.   He even complimented me!  He said he wished I'd cook like that all the time.  Unfortunately, I have no other ideas.  I've tried stuffed steaks, stuffed chicken, backed chicken, burgers, beef and pork tenderloin.  roast (which is too expensive).  Other than steaks, which I just can't afford, and sushi, which I don't know how to make, I don't know what else to do.


In any event, having those kind gestures from my son yesterday meant the world to me.  It just confirms that he really does love me, that the sprouts are there,  and that maybe they just need a little water splashed on them from time to time to shoot up.

No comments:

Post a Comment